Help desk engineers will need to stay up-to-date on these developments to keep their skills relevant and maintain a competitive advantage in the workplace. The employment of help desk engineers is expected to grow much faster than average over the next decade.
Which company pays highest technical support engineer?
- Morpheus Human Consulting. 4.7 ₹71,397per month. 300 reviews14 salaries reported.
- Teamware Solutions. 3.8 ₹62,841per month.
- Fidelis Corporate Solutions pvt Ltd. 4.1 ₹32,978per month.
- Tech Mahindra. 3.7 ₹25,596per month.
- Skill-Lync. 4.8 ₹25,571per month.
They also offer excellent customer service and advice to all users in different types of companies. If you’d like more information about IT help desks for your business, get in touch today. Support technicians rely on advanced software in order to offer more efficient customer service. Excellent verbal communication skills are also important, help desk engineer as well as analytical thinking skills. You’ll need to be an expert in certain software packages and have strong IT skills. A high standard of customer service is also an important part of the role. These charts show the average base salary , as well as the average total cash compensation for the job of Help Desk Engineer in the United States.
Help Desk Engineer Salary in the United States
1 Help Desk Technician positions are going to be paying $12.50/hr and the shift needed for this role will be 2pm-10pm, with some … Top management personnel and senior employees naturally exhibit higher bonus rates and frequencies than juniors.
- Listed above are the average annual increase rates for each industry in Netherlands for the year 2021.
- Company Performance BonusesOccasionally, some companies like to celebrate excess earnings and profits with their staff collectively in the form of bonuses that are granted to everyone.
- The average salary for a Desktop Support with 7+ years of experience is $102,000.
- Although many IT support roles are entry-level jobs, you have the opportunity to specialize in tech support and work your way up the ladder.
- Based on our compensation data, the estimated salary potential for Help Desk Technician will increase 15 % over 5 years.
- Filter by location to see a Help Desk Engineer salaries in your area.
This job type requires IT pros to always keep customer service top of mind. Focusing on consistently updating customers on their software or hardware resolution to maintain transparency will keep customers happy and ensure success in this job role. Help desk professionals in information technology, sometimes called computer support specialists, help users with problems in hardware and software.
Sample job description #3
At , we provide our clients with technical support and solutions to keep their businesses running smoothly. We’re looking for a Help Desk Engineer to join our team and provide level 1 support to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and be able to troubleshoot technical issues via phone, email, and chat. He or she will also be responsible for maintaining our knowledge base and ensuring that all client requests are logged and tracked. A technical support specialist is an essential member of an IT support team, and larger companies generally employ more than one at a time because their skills are highly sought after.
Salaries estimates are based on 113 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by a Help Desk Engineer employees. Once you earn that CompTIA certification, you not only have new knowledge and skills, you have an industry-recognized credential that potential employers in your job search will appreciate. Help desk jobs in IT earned a mean $51,820 per year as of May 2011, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Salaries for the lowest-paid 10 percent could descend to under $13.93 per hour or $28,980 per year. The highest-paid 10 percent could earn more than $39.03 per hour or $81,190 per year.
What Type of Job Can You Get With an Information Technology Degree?
The median salary is 4,580 EUR per month, which means that half (50%) of people working in IT Helpdesk are earning less than 4,580 EUR while the other half are earning more than 4,580 EUR. Generally speaking, you would want to be on the right side of the graph with the group earning more than the median salary. A person working in IT Helpdesk in Amsterdam typically earns around 4,320 EUR per month. You know if you are being paid fairly as a Help Desk Engineer if your pay is close to the average pay for the state you live in. For example, if you live in Connecticut you should be paid close to $67,522 per year. The darker areas on the map show where help desk engineers earn the highest salaries across all 50 states.
This is very predictable due to the inherent responsibilities of being higher in the hierarchy. People in top positions can easily get double or triple bonus rates than employees down the pyramid. Revenue GeneratorsSupporting CastEmployees that are directly involved in generating revenue or profit for the organization. Those who got bonuses reported rates ranging from 3% to 6% of their annual salary.
A help desk specialist needs to be proficient in IT and love all things technology. Their highest-paying employers were investment pools, such as real estate investment trusts and open-end investment funds. Average pay in that industry sector ran $34.94 per hour or $72,670 per year. The field of computer systems design also contained the most jobs for programmers, offering over a third of all 320,100 positions.
- Focusing on consistently updating customers on their software or hardware resolution to maintain transparency will keep customers happy and ensure success in this job role.
- This job type requires IT pros to always keep customer service top of mind.
- This means they must stay up-to-date on new features and software releases so they can provide accurate answers to customer questions.
- The average IT help desk job salary is between $55,000-$65,000 but this can vary depending on the company and level of experience.